Changing Categories

Changing to a Different UCSF Academic Program

If an international student advances or changes from one UCSF academic program to another, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and DOS must be notified.

Students are eligible to change academic programs when maintaining J-1 status and providing ISSO with the documentation that the DHS and DOS require to issue a new Form DS-2019.

Please contact the ISSO before the start of any new program.