How to Apply for Advance Parole

An application for advance parole can be filed separately or concurrently with Form I-485 if it is anticipated that the alien may wish to travel soon after filing the I-485. The application for advance parole consists of:

  • Form I-131 (Application for Travel Document)
  • Filing Fee payable to Department of Homeland Security
  • Two immigration-style photographs
  • Copy of receipt notice for I-485 confirming that application has been filed unless filing concurrently
  • Copy of the picture page of the passport
  • Letter with itinerary and reason for travel including a telephone number to reach you when the travel document is ready